Harbor Bay Community Development District Swimming Pool Policies
NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY – SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK
The Pool Attendants and Manager‐on‐Duty (MOD) have the authority to enforce more stringent rules than those listed here to ensure the health, safety, and comfort of all participants.
Participants not abiding by these rules may be asked to leave the facility and may also be subject to suspension or termination of facility privileges.
Identification of Residents
All residents and guests must provide a MiraBay Club proximity card to gain entry to the MiraBay Club amenities. Each household may bring up to five guests for use of the pool facilities but must accompany their guests at all times.
Hours of Operation
Swimming is permitted only during designated hours as posted at the pool, and such hours are subject to change at the discretion of the District. All persons swim at their own risk and must adhere to swimming pool rules at all times.
In addition to Hillsborough County and the State of Florida Health Code Standards, the pool will be closed for the following reasons:
- Operational and mechanical difficulties affecting pool water quality.
- During severe weather conditions (heavy rain, lightning, and thunder) and warnings, especially when visibility to the pool bottom is compromised (deck also closed).
- For 30 minutes following the last occurrence of thunder or lightning (deck also closed).
- For a period of time following any mishap that results in feces or vomit in the pool water.
General Swimming Pool Rules
- All swimmers MUST shower before entering the pool.
- Proper swim wear is required, which does NOT include jeans, cutoffs, or thongs.
- NO PETS (except Seeing Eye Dogs) are allowed in the pool or on the pool deck.
- NO GLASS or TOBACCO is permitted anywhere in the pool area. Possession of alcohol other than purchased through the Galley Café will result in immediate expulsion.
- Food is NOT allowed in the pool area except in designated eating areas. Drinks in non‐glass containers are permitted.
- Coolers are prohibited.
- Audio equipment must be used with personal headphones in pool and cabana areas.
- Swimmers MUST stay off lap lanes, ropes, and safety lines.
- Inappropriate behavior such as running, pushing, wrestling, excessive splashing, standing or sitting on shoulders, or spitting of water is NOT allowed and may result in expulsion from the pool area.
- Children, ages five and older, MUST use their gender appropriate changing room. 2
- Private parties cannot be accommodated.
- Swim aides, floatable objects, and pool toys will be allowed at the Pool Attendant’s or MOD’s discretion.
- All children who are not reliably toilet trained MUST wear rubber lined swim diapers or approved swimmers’ diapers while in the pool, as well as a swimsuit over the swim diaper.
- Admission will be refused to any person having a skin disease, inflamed eyes, nasal or ear discharge, or any communicable disease.
- No one shall pollute the pool. Anyone who pollutes the pool is liable for any costs incurred in treating and reopening the pool.
- Use of the slide is only permitted when the slide is officially open
- Pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or back trouble should not ride the slide.
- Only 1 person may slide down the waterslide at any given time unless an adult is sliding with a small child.
- Children may not stand or climb on the waterslide and must always ride down feet first.
- Patrons must make sure the splash down area is clear before entering the slide.
- Diving into/off of, kneeling, slowing down, stopping, forming chains or sliding down head first is prohibited at all times.
- No floats, rafts, balls or toys of any kind are permitted on the waterslide.
Lap Lane Rules
- Lap lanes are to be used only by persons swimming laps or water walking.
- Lap lane swimmers are encouraged to share the lane and circle swim.
- Hanging on the lane lines is prohibited as they are not designed to support weight.
- The club reserves the right to remove some lap lanes on weekends.
Health and Safety
- There is no lifeguard assigned to the pool area. All persons using the pool and other Swim Club facilities do so at their own risk.
- DIVING IS NOT PERMITTED, except in designated areas. Back dives, back flips, back jumps or other dangerous actions are prohibited.
- All children 4 years of age or younger must be supervised by a responsible individual (16 years of age or older) within arm’s length at all times when on the pool deck or in the pool.
- All children, regardless of age, using inflatable armbands (i.e., water wings) or any approved Coast Guard flotation device MUST be supervised one‐on‐one by an adult who is in the water and within arm’s length of the child.
Adopted by the Board of Supervisors on 5‐26‐11. The policy statement may be amended by the Board as deemed necessary.